Home

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Feed me

My stomach is directly connected to my mood.  Empty stomach = bad mood.

When I worked at EY my coworkers knew that if they wanted me to remain pleasant through the late nights of tax season I needed to eat dinner before 6 pm.

Right before we got engaged Nate asked my coworkers (who helped him with the proposal) to, "Please make sure Katie eats dinner."  I guess he worried that empty stomach = no wedding.

So one of the perks to being pregnant and then nursing was that I did not need to feel guilty in the slightest for eating on Fast Sunday.

Today I informed Nate that I need to start fasting again, now that I can no longer use nursing as an excuse.  His response: "Oh my."

7 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Who can be happy on an empty stomach? But my favorite was Nate's response to your announcement about fasting. Hope you are enjoying your new home. Love reading about you on Facebook and your blog. What a darling family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I feel ya! I feel like controlling my temper on normal days is bad enough without throwing hunger anger into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Looks like you need another baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think Rachel has a good idea. Best part of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally remember this about you in college!!! Funny! And I think a lot of mommies can relate to your feelings! Fasting isn't my favorite either, but I think I would take that over having my kids 18 months apart. :) That's just me though. Hope you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way...so I've loved the pregnancy and nursing excuses! I love your posts! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't fasted in over 2 years. It's actually been on my mind lately that maybe I need to start "fasting" from something else. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete