Home

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Narcolepsy

Ever since I went to college I've had trouble staying awake the entire way through movies.  I honestly haven't seen the end of some movies in years.  And once I watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the umpteenth time and came across a scene I'd completely forgotten was in the movie because I was usually asleep by that point.

So the other night we rented the new Sherlock Holmes movie from Red Box.  About twenty minutes into the movie I held my hand up in a stop sign/time-out signal and made Nate pause the movie.

"What on earth is going on??  I am so confused!" I said.  I was watching the movie intently but I just couldn't quite follow it.

"Well, you remember the first movie, how there was the bad guy..." Nate trailed off as he saw me shaking my head.

"I fell asleep during the first movie."

"Oh, right.  Well, do you remember when we watched the TV series?"  I just looked at him.  "Oh. Right.  You were asleep," he said.  Then he sighed.  How to explain what was going on?

"Well, basically, there's a professor who is making evil plans but they don't give us enough information in the movie to figure it out."

So with that explanation I proceeded to watch the movie.

I don't remember when I fell asleep.  It was probably about fifteen minutes later.  I didn't wake up until the end credits.  Poor Nate.



6 comments:

  1. I have had this problem my whole life. We rented Spiderman the other night. About 75% of the way through I was so proud because I was still awake. The next thing I knew, it was the credits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same problem too...Batman, GI Joe, and Iron Man. I fall asleep every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And isn't it just frustrating? That's why I will rarely agree to go to a movie in the theater unless I'm absolutely positive it will keep me awake. It doesn't matter if I've had 2 or 15 hours of sleep. (Talk about that making the temple difficult too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same issue. If I'm at the movie theater, I can stay awake, but for most movies at home, I fall asleep quickly - especially ones that I have seen before!I blame it on my mom because she does it too:)

    ReplyDelete