Home

Friday, May 11, 2012

Déjà vu

So yesterday I had a case of déjà vu.  Porter and I were involved in a car accident less than a block away from last August's accident.


I think maybe I'll stop driving on that particular road.


Luckily this was just a fender-bender that didn't do a whole lot of damage.  I do have the other car's license plate embedded in my rear fender, so if it had been a hit-and-run I would have been able to track the driver down.  However, it didn't come to that.  The girl seemed very nice.  I think she was just a teenager; she was definitely younger than me and didn't know what to expect from the police.  Since I'm starting to feel seasoned in the accident process, I gave her a run-down of what would happen.


When the officer arrived, he gave us the driver exchange forms to fill out and write our statements.  For those of you blessed to have never filled out one of these forms, there is a section where you can draw a diagram of the accident.


After the officer completed the accident report process, he gave me the form the other driver filled out so I would have her insurance information.  Her diagram actually made me chuckle.


The stick figure with the thought bubble is the other driver.



1 comment:

  1. That drawing is pretty funny. I'm glad you guys were ok. And I agree, maybe you should stay away from that road!

    ReplyDelete